Thursday, December 3, 2009

higher education

I am so confused about where I will be going to college next year. I have thought for about the past year, I want to be a pharmacist. The 2 pharmacy schools in Alabama are Auburn and Samford. I went to a War Eagle Day at Auburn and I just don't think I would be happy there. It's a horrible drive from Guntersville to there and idk, I guess growing up a Bama fan, I will always feel a little resentment if I went. After the War Eagle Day, I went to a Preview Day at Samford. I was blown away. The first thing they did was gather everyone in a room and talk about what we were going to do that day. At the end, the campus preacher spoke. Before finishing, he told us he wanted us to find out what Samford is, and what Samford isn't. That was so interesting I thought for him to say. Most schools just want you to see everything it had,but not here. Then after he said that, he prayed over us. I have never been to a school where a teacher can pray. It was neat. Samford is a private, Christian school which mean no wild parties and much drinking. I toured both pharmacy schools and I know for a fact that Auburn has the better program, but it takes 3 undergrad years with Samford's 2 undergrad years. That makes the cost about the same.
I went to these days in September and it's now December so I've had some time to think. This is what I have concluded:
1. I'm not going to Auburn-it's just not for me.
2. I don't know if I even want to be a pharmacist.

Going to work and seeing all the stuff Buddy has to put up with makes me re-think this decision. And I also have to ask why I want to be a pharmacist because if it's for the money, I'm going to hate it. I don't know how to pick a career that I will have to do for the rest of my life.

Then, there is Alabama, which I love, spent the whole month of June taking classes and loving it. But, I think it might be too big for me. I find having 100-200 people in a class kinda intimidating.

I love kids and have always thought about being a teacher. I would get all weekends off, have 2 months in the summer with my family, I just don't think I could find something better.

I was nominated by the school for the Beeson Scholarship at Samford which will pay for 4 years of tuition, but they only give out 10 and there are about 200 applying.

I just really don't know what I need to do. I've been praying that God will show me an answer, and maybe he has, but I just don't want to accept it.

I'm gonna head to sleep now. Going to school tomorrow then the Albertville/Guntersville basketball game. And Saturday is the Florida-Alabama SEC Championship Football Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment